Gallery 1516 is an addition to the original Gallery 1510. Located in the historic Old Market area of Omaha Nebraska, the gallery is a cooperative extension to the Museum of Nebraska Art in Kearney, Nebraska. The gallery also hosts exhibits for artists and gatherings in the local burgeoning arts community.
Housed in an old brick warehouse that was once home to a rental car agency the new space takes advantage of the incredibly high ceilings and historic truss work that was hidden for decades. An extensive ‘floating table’ dominates the central space and is a recycled exhibit piece from the Kaneko. An enormous flip up garage door opens to the street and welcomes the growing arts community of Omaha.
Along with the gallery owner, Paul Schlachter created the new facade design and worked with local architects, BVH, to complete the project.